Friday, September 17, 2010

Can an external complex drive be attached to a monitor?


Can an external complex drive be attached to a monitor?

Nope. You entail to connect it to a computer and view it next to your monitor.
Directly? no it can't
Hi.

If you mean: can I show stuff from my complicated drive directly on my monitor without using a computer?, after no - you'll need to use some more complex device for that, such as a digital camera.

If however you have it in mind can my external hard drive connect to my computer indirectly, by plugging it into my monitor?, consequently it depends on the monitor. IF the hard drive connects by USB, and IF the monitor have an inbuilt USB hub (most don't) then it may resourcefully be possible. A couple of modern keyboards also have built-in USB hubs so that may be a possibility too. Two further points to check though: ensure the hub is USB2.0 compliant - it will ensure the drive can work at a acceptable speed - and check with the drive businessman - they may say it have to be connected directly.


No comments:

Post a Comment