Friday, September 17, 2010

Can I take a USB Webcam (unknown model, w.o software) to work?

My uncle (who know a friend at some discounted electronics place) sent me a webcam recently surrounded by bubble wrap. It came next to no software, and i can't find the model name/number. My computer detects the device, but I don't know where to find a driver/software entry for it. Is it possible to get it to work?

Can I take a USB Webcam (unknown model, w.o software) to work?

You could probably return with it to work, but you MUST find out the model number or manufacturer. How does the computer describe the device surrounded by the Device Manager?
The camera will not run if it doesn't have the crucial drivers it needs to communicate near the hardware. You need to travel to the manufacturer's website to download the drivers.


No comments:

Post a Comment