Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can I put two RAM of different sizes together?

In detail, I previously have a 256mb DDR 400 in my notebook. I bought a new 512mb DDR400 and replaced my dated 256. Now, since I have no use of the 256, I lately decided to plug it within as well together beside the new 512mb. Is it ok to do that and not affecting my workstation in a unpromising way at present or even surrounded by the future?

Can I put two RAM of different sizes together?

Its fine as long as both are compatible surrounded by the motherboard. Also, if your motherboard supports dual channel memory, dont put them surrounded by slots on the same depression.
no it will give your workstation 768 of ram wont hurt a point



i have done that myself
as long as they are like peas in a pod speed chip - go for it


No comments:

Post a Comment